The College Board is taking the first steps in assigning students with an "adversity score" to complement their SAT scores as part of the admissions testing for prospective students.
Geoffrey MillerHow clever parents will manipulate the ETS 'Adversity Score' for their kids
1) under-report educations & incomes
2) move kid to bad high school in 11th grade
3) rent vacant apartment in bad neighborhood as official mailing address
The New York nonprofit College Board will include an adversity score in its SAT that will measure socioeconomic and educational privilege.
Geoffrey MillerThe new ETS 'Adversity Score' for the SAT:
1) ETS is (over)reacting to the admissions scandal
2) they won't reveal the 15 'adversity' metrics assessed
3) they won't reveal scores to students or parents, only to colleges
Total secrecy, zero accountability.
Increasingly restrictive speech codes are being brought into workplaces, universities and other places. Geoffrey Miller is an evolutionary psychologist, he m...
Geoffrey MillerThe neurodiversity case for free speech. How are people who have trouble understanding other people supposed to avoid offending the politically correct? New interview with @WisdomRebel (20 mins)
So the other day I heard from Change.org, a company that lets anyone make an online petition and gather signatures. In over a decade of existence, they’ve hosted about 5 million unique petitions.
Some of the petitions are VERY unique - like the...